Hello, techie peeps! Today, I’m all here for you with a booming topic of these days – IoT or Internet of Things. Defining IoT, it is interconnection network between the physical devices, vehicles or we call it smart devices, buildings, and other items. They are embedded with electronics, software, actuators and network interconnectivity that enable these objects to collect and exchange data. IoT has made our simpler and faster like never before. It is amazing, right? You must be interested to know might they converse with each other through Internet like us, the human beings. So, without wasting any time, let’s move on knowing some interesting facts about IoT.
- According to the study, around 87% of the world population have not heard of the term ‘Internet of Things’.
- Tell me what would the first IoT objects! It is nothing but the ATMs which came to the scene long back in 1974.
- It is assumed that this year 2017, we will have more than 5 billion connected objects in the world.
- Whatever we see in our homes, from smart thermostats to smart fridges are IoT objects. Companies like Google understands the importance of this. Google bought smart thermostat maker, Nest Labs, for $ 3.2 billion.
- Around a quarter of a billion vehicles will be connected to the Internet, giving us completely new possibilities for in-vehicle services and automated driving, as estimated, by 2020. Sounds exciting, right?
- As compared to 150k units in 2013, it is estimated that over 10 million units of Internet-connected clothing are coming.
- Having a connected kitchen could save the food and beverage industry as much as 15% annually.
- CISCO believes that IoT would generate $ 4.6 trillion over next ten years in public sector whereas around $ 14.6 trillion in private sectors.
The IoT will not any see any stagnant point of growth in the coming future. It will only grow to become larger and greater to encompass anything to everything in the world. A truly connected world is awaiting us!